Materials of construction
The Smart Lock consists of three elements:
- A stainless steel sleeve and locking system
– 316 grade, compliant with ASTM A 240, ASTM A 666 and EN 1.4401
- The application specific proprietary silicate resin
– DIBt approved (DIBt is the German Institute for Structural Engineering) and specifically formulated for use in sewer systems, adhering to moist surfaces and having a high resistance to aggressive water both acid and alkaline.
- The fibreglass matting
– Advantex® E-CR fibreglass is used to create a heavy duty two-way glass cloth. Advantex® E-CR provides significant advantages in acid and alkaline environments and is compliant with ASTM D 578-00, ISO 2078 and DIN 1259-01.
The prepared Smart Lock is placed on an inflatable packer which is pulled into position at the installation point. Air pressure applied to the packer expands the self-locking sleeve, sealing the resin impregnated fibreglass mat against the pipe wall. The self-locking sleeve allows the packer to be deflated and removed immediately and the sewer or drainage system returned to service.
Preparation is straight forward and consists of mixing and applying the pre batched resin to the pre sized fibreglass mat and then rolling the impregnated mat onto the sleeve and securing in place.
Smart Lock is compatible with all sizes, classes, jointing systems and materials used in sewer and stormwater piping including vitrified clay, ductile iron, steel reinforced concrete, HDPE, PVC and composite piping.
It is most commonly installed horizontally however can be installed vertically where required.
DN100 – DN750
DN750 – DN1350
Installation Equipment required
- Wheeled packer
- CCTV inspection camera
- Air compressor, gauges, valves and hoses
- Pull line
- Layout table
- PPE and Safety Equipment
- Underground access equipment
- Sealing of redundant lateral connections
- Misaligned joints
- Cracked pipes
- Decoupled and disconnected joints
- Root Infiltration
- Water Infiltration or exfiltration
- Mechanical damage and erosion
- Water bore remediation
Why Smart Lock
- Easy installation
- Quicker – most installations, taking less than 20 minutes
- Outer locking mechanism with smooth stainless steel bore – no rough edges or ratchets to catch on
- Cheaper – up to 50%
- Long lasting – 50 year warranty
- Installation on the fly – no need to stop the flow. Install into pipes that would traditionally require costly bypass pumping and site management
- Pipes can be re-lined anytime in the future
- No Licensing Fee Payable
- No minimum purchase requirement
- Quick and easy training